Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In light of recent and fast moving events due to the global Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and the Public Safety Order issued for San Francisco residents, Fastmetrics would first and foremost like to inform all customers and the public, that we remain open for business and continue to provide services.
Key Fastmetrics Business Information During COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- We continue to operate as an ‘Essential Business’, providing essential services under the current Public Safety Order for San Francisco.
- Our support team is ready and available for all business customers throughout the Bay Area, California and the USA.
- We continue to provide assistance to customers to maintain business operations.
- Our service availability remains unchanged, across all our business connectivity, voice and managed network services.
- We recently finished the setup and development of a FREE video chat conferencing solution, to support remote work, team collaboration and personal video communications. No sign up, account or software needed. Available to all.
New Fastmetrics Working Arrangements – Same Support Levels
Health is our number 1 priority, so we have implemented new workplace and staff flexibility arrangements. This is to ensure the health and safety of our employees. Also the wider San Francisco Bay Area community. We have put in place additional work from home and remote working policies for Fastmetrics technical and support staff. This is to reduce exposure and limit the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19). These changes are in accordance with the new Public Health Order, issued by Mayor London Breed and the City and County of San Francisco, on Monday March 16th.
Only skeleton Fastmetrics staff will continue working out of our San Francisco head office, on an as needed basis. These arrangements will be in place until further notice. Or, until more updates to the Public Health Order are made. At this time, the Public Health Order runs until April 7th, 2020. (It may be extended).
Our support team is actively working with our customers to assist them implement work from home arrangements. These include switching to our mobile apps and soft phones for business voice communications. Also setting up VPN connections for secure connectivity, for customers with compatible equipment.
If you are an existing Fastmetrics customer and would like to discuss how we can help your team work from home or remotely, please contact our support team, via one of the methods listed here.
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Public Health Information
For thorough public information on Coronavirus, we highly recommend reading these links and documents from the San Francisco Department of Public Health. These resources include information on the following;
- What social distancing means and recommendations
- Current Public Health Orders issued by the City and County of San Francisco
- Public transportation safety information
- Information on social events and public gatherings
Please see further resources about schooling, coronavirus testing, health care, travel and general Q & A by clicking the link above.
What can you do to stop the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
It is important right now for everyone to stop or limit the spread of germs. This is paramount to prevent further cases of Novel Coronavirus or COVID-19. Below is an infographic from the Center of Disease Control, recently issued. This infographic highlights some simple steps everyone can take right now to help stop the spread of germs;
More information can be found on how to protect yourself from Coronavirus, or what to do if you think you are sick, at the Center For Disease Control COVID-19 page here.