The following tutorial shows how to configure Outlook 2003 with either POP3, IMAP or HTTP.
Open Microsoft Outlook and select E-mail Accounts from the Tools menu.
Select Add a new e-mail account. Then click Next.
Select the type of server that you will be using. Either POP3, IMAP or HTTP. Then click Next. Note – if you wish to configure using the MAPI connector, please see the article Setup Outlook 2003 with MAPI Connector. You should click Cancel in this dialog now.
Fill in the following fields as follows:
- Your Name: your first and last name.
- E-mail Address: the full email address for the account you are setting up now. Example: email@example.com.
- User Name: the same address entered for E-mail Address field.
- Password: the password to be used for this account.
- Incoming mail server (POP3): mail.yourdomain.com.
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.yourdomain.com.
We recommend that you test the settings now by pressing the Test Account Settings button. Then click Next.
Your new Email account has been created and configured. Click Finish.
Related Posts From Fastmetrics