MS Outlook 2003 POP / IMAP / HTTP Setup Guide
The following guide shows step by step how to configure Microsoft Outlook 2003 email with either POP3, IMAP or HTTP settings.
Step 1: Open Microsoft Outlook and select E-mail Accounts… from the Tools drop down menu from within the Outlook email program.
Step 2: Select Add a new e-mail account. Then click Next.
Step 3: Select the type of server that you will be using. Either POP3, IMAP or HTTP. Then click Next.
Note: If you wish to configure using the MAPI connector, please see the article; ‘Setup Outlook with MAPI‘. Cancel in this dialog now, there is a different setup process required for MAPI email.
Step 4: Fill in the following fields as follows:
- Your Name: your first and last name
- E-mail Address: the full email address for the account you are setting up now. Example: email@example.com
- User Name: the same address entered for E-mail Address field
- Password: the password to be used for this account
- Incoming mail server (POP3): mail.yourdomain.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.yourdomain.com
Step 5: We recommend that you test the settings now by pressing the Test Account Settings button. Then click Next.
Step 6: Your new email account has been created and configured. Click Finish.
Related Posts From Fastmetrics