How To Setup X-Lite Softphone For Windows or Mac
The X-Lite softphone allows you to access your Fastmetrics phone service via software. You can make calls from any computer using this, once installed and setup. This software mirrors your current office phone setup or desk phone. It can be used from anywhere, including your iPhone. This softphone also supports video conferencing. All you need is a webcam to access this feature. If you haven’t already downloaded the X-Lite softphone, download the latest version here.
For your username and password, please have your authorized administrator contact Fastmetrics technical support. We can setup a remote logmein123 support session if required to assist. To begin the configuration of your X-Lite 4 soft phone for Windows or Mac, open SIP Account Settings. Choose Account Settings from the Softphone menu. This control is circled in red at the top left corner of the diagram.
- Account Name: this name will be displayed locally on your X-Lite softphone for this particular account.
- Protocol: leave as SIP.
- User ID: enter your extension.
- Domain: enter your domain name.
- Password: enter your password.
- Display name: this will be displayed to the person you are speaking with.
- Authorization name: enter username.
- Domain Proxy: for this section check Register with domain and receive calls. Then select Proxy and enter nms.vofm.us.
- Dial plan: leave as defaults.
Voicemail Settings: Leave these settings with defaults.
Topology Properties: From the Firewall traversal method section, select None (use local IP address). Leave the remaining settings with default settings.
Presence Settings: Just leave these settings with defaults.
Transport Settings: Leave these settings with defaults as well.
Advanced Settings: Just leave these settings with defaults. Now select OK to save your changes.
You’re all done with your softphone configuration for your Mac or Windows based computer.
More Soft Phone Guides & Resources
- X-Lite Free Softphone Download
- X-Lite 5 Install Instructions
- X-Lite 4 Install Instructions
- Bria for iPhone
- Bria Softphone User Guide Videos
- Bria for Windows (Ver 4.5.0_811333)
- Fastmetrics Cloud Phone App