You have two options for network and power source connections for your Polycom SoundPoint IP 650. Your System Administrator will advise you on which one to use.
You can use one of the following methods:
- AC power.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE).
AC Power Option.
Connect the supplied network cable between the LAN jack on the phone and the LAN port on the wall or hub/switch device port. Connect the DC plug on the power adapter to the DC 24V jack marked on the phone. Connect the country-specific AC cord to the power adapter.
Power over Ethernet (PoE) Option.
Using a regular CAT5 cable (optional accessory from Polycom), the phone can be powered from a PoE (IEEE 802.3af) compliant switch or hub.
Need reliable internet service to support your IP phones?
Fastmetrics provides a range of managed, reliable internet service connections to support and power your Polycom SoundStation 650 or IP phones.
- Our team has more than two decades experience providing managed phone services to businesses of all sizes.
- All Fastmetrics phone lines are provisioned over our private cloud voice network, for superior levels of Quality of Service (QoS).
- Wide range of advanced business features included. No extra costs. Plus, seamless mobile presence via the free Fastmetrics Cloud Phone app.
- Your choice of the latest Polycom VVX 310 or Yealink T42G handsets for FREE, for every phone user at your company.
Related Posts From Fastmetrics