You can set distinctive incoming ringing tones for contacts in your local directory. This allows identification of a contact by a specific ring tone.
To set a distinctive ring for a local contact:
- Press Menu button then Features, and select Contact Directory.
- Using the arrow keys, scroll through the directory to choose a contact.
- Press Edit and scroll down to Ring Type.
- Enter a number corresponding to one of the ring types available (press and then << to remove an existing value). See Ring Type in this guide for further details.
- Press the Save soft key or Cancel to abandon the change then press Menu button to return to the idle display.
- Incoming calls from this contact will now have a distinctive ringing pattern.
This feature is local to the phone, and may be overridden by server settings. Contact your system administrator for more details.
Related Posts From Fastmetrics