Updated Online Tech Support Guides
We’ve been busy refreshing content in our online tech support pages. We have revisited and added to some articles which have been around for quite sometime, but are still useful to many people today. Below are some online email and IT support guides we have updated over the last couple of weeks.
Online Email Support Guide Updates
If you’re still using Microsoft Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007 or even Express, these Outlook email support guides are handy resources. People still use Outlook 2007 or Express? Correct. We support these email clients and will continue to do so.
It is surprising how many people still use older email clients. This 2012 study of billions of sent emails, found 20.14% of people used Outlook. 7.68% of these Outlook users were using Outlook 2000, 2003 or the Express client. Only 5.96% of people had upgraded to the 2010 version of Outlook, as of September 2012.
- How to archive email in Microsoft Outlook 2010. Setup auto archiving to improve Outlook performance and speed up large accounts. Instructions are highly similar for just about all versions of Outlook.
- Setting up MAPI with Outlook allows syncing of your account across your different devices and webmail. Free MAPI download and complete guide on settings for Outlook 2010 and 2007.
- Going on vacation? Off to a meeting? Read our out of office auto replies in Microsoft Outlook guide.
- Learn how to locate your PST file to then save it away from your main drive, to free up space on your computer. Another way to improve Outlook performance.
- All the info you need on the MAPI email protocol. See the benefits of configuring it, understand how it works and see what it’s compliant with.
- Common causes and trouble shooting for when Microsoft Outlook email will not open.
- Quickly setup Outlook Express email accounts with this online tech support guide.
- A list of programs which can keep Microsoft Outlook open, which can cause access problems.
- See what causes winmail.dat files and learn how to open them.
Online IT Support Guide Updates
Here are some general IT Support guides that we’ve recently refreshed too. Some useful tips for setting up remote technical support and recording WAV files for your voicemail or auto attendant greetings.
- Guide to set up a remote technical support session using LogMeIn – the popular online IT support tool.
- How to set up the correct sound settings, configure and save WAV files to use with your Fastmetrics phone service, voicemail or business auto attendant.
Stay tuned for more online tech support guides and updates from Fastmetrics. Subscribe to our blog RSS feed by clicking here.